background

Monday, November 15, 2010

thinking like a child

Some days kids annoy me.  They are louder than necessary, smelly, and never listen when I want them to.

But most days kids amaze me.  The way they think is so fun to watch.  Sitting here lazily reading blogs while Macy sleeps and Laney watches Max & Ruby.  (Where are those bunnies parents?)  Laney wanted a snack and I barely looked up or paid attention as I told her to just make it a healthy one.

She returned to show me her creation.  A popcorn bowl full of popcorn, Dora fruit snacks, green olives, and sugar snap peas.  She was so proud of herself as she said it was the perfect mix of sweet and salty healthy snacks.  Her little face was glowing with pride and it made me laugh out loud.  So sweet and innocent.

She has proceeded to eat the entire bowl, marveling at how wonderful it is.  I couldn't disappoint her and refuse to try some.  She is not a budding culinary artist as the snack was absolutely disgusting.  But she sure is creative and adorable.

Oh, to think like a child again.

No comments:

Post a Comment