background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What should I wear?

Anytime you pack for a trip it is a daunting task. Those words have you packed yet? In one week I will take my carefully packed bags and begin an adventure.

I am not going to pretend that what to pack doesn't have me fretting. Will I be hot in this? Will the ministries we are there serving see what I am wearing as appropriate? Will I be able to play with kids in that skirt?

And by no coincidence I pause here at school and read Colossians 3. I almost laugh out loud as I hear God telling me to chill out and focus on what matters.

Colossians 3:12-15
So chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.

Today remember to put on the things that matter to God. Off to make lists for packing now with a new perspective.

Still looking for help getting an extra piece of luggage and $250 to get these medicines, school supplies, blankets, water bottles, and flip flops to the kids that need them. Comment or email me if you can help.


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment