background

Friday, May 6, 2011

Tinkerbell and Aurora

This morning was one of those mornings.  If you are a parent, you know what I am talking about.  Once in a great while around here, the stars a line, and the Spirit of God fills my kids with peace simultaneously.  We had 2 hours of that this morning.  Now, granted 2 of them were at school, so I doubt they were peace-filled, but the ones in my care were!  And then, other spirits entered the house and we were back to normal!

But I was smart enough to take advantage of the gift and sat down for those 2 hours to catch up on my P90X reading, snapping a few pictures to remind me of this precious time when I am surrounded by the crazy.

Tinkerbell and Sleeping Beauty.  First time
Laney has thought to dress up her sister.
I am sure it will not be the last!




Then they had to have a picnic because Laney said Tinkerbell
was getting grumpy and needed a snack.


Then there was a great story about magic wands, princes, fairies,
and Jesus in the temple.  

And of course the story had a kiss in it!
In Tullo Kebele news, sweet stories of people giving so we can get these kids a playground.  A friend's two daughters gave their April allowance to the Chipin.  I wish I could rig the contest and give them the Ipod, but I won't!  But God knows their hearts and sees their generosity, and He can rig anything He wants, much more than this little giveaway!

Someone recently asked me if I was worried no one would give and I won't be able to honor our last year the way that I want.  I have thought long and hard about that, and I will be disappointed for myself and maybe even in others.  But, if this is a God thing and His design, it isn't about me and our story at all.  It is about following Him, honoring Him, and giving to Him through giving to others because that is what the last year has taught us.  It is His story.  And whatever we raise will be His will and will be enough.

More of Him, less of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment