background

Thursday, April 21, 2011

what's coming

This post is full of links to old posts for reference and memory.

So a few days ago in this post I mentioned that we want to do something on this blog to honor all that God has done this year.  Well, I am not purposely teasing you and drawing out the time before announcing it, I am just trying to get it all together.  I did want to share a little about it today though.  Because today is the start of it all.  A year ago today, we walked into a hospital room in Florida and found our daughter Gaby.  Circumstances kept us from getting to Macy until the 23rd!

Today, is the first day of P90x.  Just finished today's reading.  Hope you are joining me!

We are going to be launching a giveaway.  So many friends are donating prizes that you are all going to want!  They are some fun, cool things.

The deal is we feel God wants us to raise funds for the Tullo Kebele care point in Awassa, Ethiopia, to give them the gift of a playground.  Every kid needs a playground, right?  The joy of running and swinging and sliding and oh, such fun!

Where did this come from?  Well, from God, but through some dear friends, the Walz Family.  They are connected to Starved 4 Hope that is working in conjunction with Children's Hopechest to set up care points all over Africa.

Here are pictures of this care point where the playground will be built



I want to take a minute and explain something.  There was some doubt and fear with putting this out there.  We just raised money for the STOP HOMELESSNESS walk, I am going to Africa later this year and raising money for that, we sell Simply Love items to benefit adopting families, so many people we know are raising funds for GREAT, GOD-HONORING steps in their lives, can we really do one more thing to raise money?  And the answer is, no, we can't do one thing, but God can do all things.  I refuse to not ask out of fear that you won't give.  Because truthfully, if I gave to each of these things and every thing that anyone asked me to give to ever, I would still have more to give.  That is the gift we have been given.  It isn't about the ability or resources to give, it is about God.


Freely you have received, freely give.  Matthew 10:8 


Or maybe you are thinking, they are crazy, they can't solve all the world's injustices what difference does this make?  But then I imagine if that is your thought you would have stopped reading my ramblings on this blog long ago.  And yes, again, we can't do anything or everything, but God can through all of us.  Each one of us can reach out to someone and make them feel loved and cherished.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  II Corinthians 12:9-10

So, no excuses here.  Just self-proclaimed weakness calling on God's power.  More to come as God reveals it and as I get all the details in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment