background

Friday, March 4, 2011

Rice & Beans


We have been eating Rice & Beans periodically here over the past two years.  On the nights when that is served (with some milk) we talk about the people all over the world that may get just that for an entire week's worth of food....or even less.  (Macy ate Rice & Beans too, but she is really messy and we didn't want you to lose your appetite by seeing her eat!)

I love when the kids set the bar higher for us.  This past Monday, Kayden declared that every Monday will be Rice & Beans night in the Brown household.  He said that if they eat it all the time, we can eat just that once a week mom.  When I asked him later why he would want to do that when it isn't really helping anyone else to get more food by us sacrificing our regular food...do you know what that wise little man said...but Mom, we think about them and pray for them when we eat it and that is doing something.   Oh my beautiful son, thank you for reminding Mommy that prayer is the best gift we can give to anyone.

So, we may not be having any dinner parties on Monday nights anymore...or maybe we should!  And lucky me that Rice & Beans is the easiest meal in the world to prepare.

2 Chronicles 7:14-15
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face, then will I hear from heaven and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment