background

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Nothing

Do you ever have days or moments where you need reminded of God's love?  It has been awhile since I physically felt God's love for me for a sustainable amount of time.  I know, whine, whine, blah, blah.  Maybe I need Spring to come.  I see the evidence of His love all around me.  I trust it and trust Him and know it is there.  I find myself pulling out His Word and reading Romans 8 when I need a pick me up.  It has so many words that bring me peace and also make me want to go to battle for Jesus...

in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, the Spirit helps us in our weakness when we don't know what we ought to pray for, a hope that creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God, our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed in us, the Spirit testifies that we are God's children, co-heirs with Christ (I'd like to be co-anything with Jesus, but heirs is about the best thing I could hope for!).

Those phrases are so powerful, epic.  They make me want to stand up and shout whoopee. 

But this week I am focusing on the end of Chapter 8.  It says that we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  It says that nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God.  First thing the apostle Paul lists that will not separate us from that love...death.  When I read this I mainly think about the hope of Heaven...that our physical death can not separate us from God's love because He conquered death on the cross.  Instead death brings us into the fullness of His love for eternity.  But as I read these words today I hear God saying the death I have experienced, the death of a child, will not be able to separate me from His love.  It doesn't matter what I feel or think, His truth remains as does His love.

As I journey through my junk God uses others words and music to get me thinking.  I recently read a post here that reminded me of a song that God gave to me last summer that I hadn't heard for awhile.  I hope the words encourage you with whatever you are feeling today, and remind you that  regardless of what that feeling is, He really is close to our hearts.






No comments:

Post a Comment