background

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bananas

One of the main reasons I write this blog is for recording our life through my perspective for my children to have when they are older.  If they care to have it that is.  I don't craft.  I don't scrapbook.  But I can type.  So this is where our memories get documented.  Did you know there are these amazing places online that will take your blog and turn it into a memory book?  They include the pictures on your blog or you can even add your own all over the computer and they print it and mail it to you!  Every year we are going to have a book made.  So, sometimes when you read these posts they are really just for my kids.  For them to one day have and to read and see how much their lives changed mine.

This morning Macy and I are having some precious M & M time (Macy and Mommy time.  Isn't that so cute?  That little name was given to me by our wonderful PT.)  She is just hanging out, ever so curious as I do things.  As I was eating breakfast, a banana to be exact, she kept reaching for it.  I imagine she thought it was some great toy or teether she was missing out on as she just got her bottom two teeth and has been chewing everything!

So being the adventurous mom that I am, I broke off a piece and shared it with her.  She watched my mouth chew and mimicked, chomping on that little piece of banana that kept slipping all over the place and making a huge mess I might add!  As she ate that little bite she began to giggle and reach for more.  That little thing...a baby wanting to eat a banana...brought me to tears.

Now maybe that was because I am emotional and silly.  I know that babies eat bananas all the time.  A banana is kind of a baby food.  But this baby, my Macy, has come so far.  As I watched her eat this banana I was reminded that six months ago Macy stopped breathing during a car ride, was hospitalized and fed through a tube down her nose, had surgery for reflux, came home and was being fed by us through a tube in her stomach.  Now she eats bananas and giggles.

I wish I had a picture to share with you of her and that banana.  I didn't want to give up taking turns eating bites with her and giggling together to get the camera.  So instead I will share a picture of where God has brought Macy from.


Praise God for bananas and giggles and everyday extraordinary miracles.  I love you Macy Jean and am so proud of you.

2 comments:

  1. oh goodness...reading this just brought me to tears! Like you said, thank you God for bananas and giggles and miracles! Macy Jean is such a precious gift!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing to think of what God has done in Macy's life in the last year. Even the fact that she has parents who love her and have gone through all that stuff with her. Pretty cool. You just got a paycheck for following God's whisper...

    ReplyDelete