background

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Happy 3rd Gotcha Day

3 years ago today God put this precious little baby in our arms

and life has never been the same.  Macy Jean, you have taught me so much about God's perfect timing, patience, and faithfulness over the past three years.  I am amazed by how much God has done in your little life in 3 years.  It is hard to remember that there were days I worried if you would ever walk or talk as I now become quickly annoyed with keeping track of you and listening to you talk all day long.  Funny how time and perspective can change so many things.

I love how you tell others that you are adopted.  That you tell them God put you in our family.  That you introduce them to your new brother.  That you take care of him (and fight with him) like a sister should.  That you follow your big sister around and do everything just like her.  That you make your big brothers laugh because you are so stinkin' funny.  That you know the shape of Africa and tell everyone you can that Emmanuel is from there and that is where Amber lives and Mommy goes.  (Facts aren't always crystal clear with a 3 year old.)

I love that you talk about your twin, Gaby.  That you look at pictures of her.  That you pray for her.  That you ask for her.  That you want to talk about what it would be like if she was here with us and what heaven with her will be like.  That you bring her up all on your own at the sweetest times.  I worry about your heart and all you will face in not having her here with you, but even as I think those thoughts I am reminded that God is your protector.  I pray you find your identity in Him sweet girl.

Your new thing right now is that you pray for each of us at bed time.  You are hilarious as you move from bed to bed, kneeling by each of your siblings, praying for them.  And then you run to your bed and ask Mommy to pray for you.  There are days the habit of this annoys me.  Days where I quickly rush through praying over you so I can move on to the next thing.  Shame on me.  It would be so easy if you'd just stop moving, get in to bed and immediately shut your eyes and go to sleep.   But I am going to work at that, because your sweet spirit in praying for others is so admirable.  You have much to teach your momma.

My prayer is that your life continues to be a reflection of God's grace and faithfulness.  That each day you come to know your Savior more.

I love you baby girl.  Happy Gotcha Day!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment