background

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reset

This week has been a great one. Time away to focus on Hope Grafted In, ministry, and friendship. So as I travel home and anxiously await loving on all the kiddos and Gabe, I find myself alone in the quiet and reflecting.

It is easy for me (and guessing you too) to get wrapped up in our roles and responsibilities. The things we have to do today. The things we need to do in the future. The general direction we see life going in the season Christ has us in.

I find my mind becoming a bit foggy at times like this. Could be I just had too much learning this weekend or too much social interaction. (Both NOT my giftings!)

What do I have to do as a wife, mother, daughter, friend, non-profit director, preschool director, director of a thirty one business?

And then HE quickly brings to mind that these callings are not my own. They are from Him and He has provided all I need for what He has for me for today.

And what He really wants and desires is me. Time with me. Life with me. And I want that to be my first love too.

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1, 2 NASB)

As I reset and remain in Jesus, I rest in His strength and His grace. I am filled with honor that He would bless me with these callings. I am filled with anticipation and excitement to live life fully with Him, through Him.

Thanking Him for the reminder and the reassurance. Praying I remember it when the crazy hits the fan tomorrow as I re-enter the whole life He has for me.


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment